Sarasota Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Call (941) 366-8010 To Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation
Workplace injuries can occur in any occupation, in any industry. Some industries have proven to be more dangerous than others, including construction sites, mining sites, oil and natural gas production. When employees sustain injuries which results in a temporary or permanent disability due to an accident at work, they are obligated to recover workers’ compensation.
However, your employer or insurance company may not provide you with the full amount you deserve. If that’s the situation you’re facing, our Sarasota personal injury attorneys are prepared to fight for you.
Workers’ compensation covers the following:
- Medical care, including doctor’s visits, medical testing, medical treatments, physical therapy, prescription drugs and hospitalization
- A portion of your wage loss
- Compensation for permanent injuries
- Vocational re-education and retraining expenses
- Death benefits given to family, if accident results in fatality
- Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
Almost all workers are covered by workers’ compensation in Florida, since it is mandatory for all employers with four or more employees to provide workers’ compensation insurance for their workers. In regards to the construction field, workers’ compensation is required with only one employee on staff. Due to being a no-fault system, workers are not required to prove fault for their injuries to recover benefits.
If you are injured on the job, it’s imperative for you to report the accident to your employer immediately. It is mandatory for a worker to report a workplace injury within 30 days of the incident and have two years to file a workers’ compensation claim.
The specific details you need to provide and accurately explain include:
- Cause of accident
- Time of day the accident occurred
- Type and seriousness of injury
- Names of witnesses
- 100+ Years of Combined Experience
At Band, Gates & Dramis, P.L., we have an exceptional track record of success and satisfied clients. With more than 100 years of collective experience, we possesses the extensive knowledge of the Florida legal system to help recover the full amount of workers’ compensation on behalf of our clients.