David S. Band is a founding shareholder in the Band, Gates and Dramis law firm. David received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Maryland and his law degree from George Washington University. Shortly after obtaining his law degree, David moved to Sarasota and co-founded one of Sarasota’s premier law firms.
Throughout his fifty years in Sarasota, David became an instrumental figurehead in the growth of Sarasota, developing major aspects of Sarasota’s cityscape, including the Hollywood 20 building and the Kane Plaza building.
David is also a leader in Sarasota’s philanthropic community, contributing and/or raising millions of dollars for Sarasota’s charities. He was instrumental in the development and growth of the Out of Door Academy, Goldie Feldman Academy, Caring Children’s Charities, Sarasota Film Festival, Asolo Theater, Sarasota Ballet, and United Cerebral Palsy. David has been honored by the YMCA, Community Video Archives, Goodwill and the Sarasota Manatee Jewish Federation, among others.
Known for his zealous representation of his clients, David practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, real estate and business law.
David and his wife, Myrna, reside in Sarasota and enjoy frequent travels around the country to visit their ever-growing family and for leisure.
- Law School: George Washington University, LLB, 1961
- College: University of Maryland, BS, 1958
- The Florida Bar Association, Member No. 3287
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar Association (inactive)
- Maryland State Bar Association (inactive)
Prior Sarasota Community Involvement
- Officer and Director, Sarasota Ballet
- Trustee, YMCA
- Vice-President, Director of Caring Children’s Charities
- Trustee, John & Mable Ringling Museum
- Trustee, University of Florida Law School
- Trustee, Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Advisory Board, Sarasota Sheriff’s Office
- Advisory Board, University of South Florida
- Born: Washington, D.C., October 8, 1936
- Military Service: Capt., U.S. Air Force, 1962-1965